Sixth Most Outstanding Local Organization in the Visayas Award in Nine Years.
BACOLOD CITY (Sat 06 Sep 2014) – “We are back”. With that statement, JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel declared their return as the Most Outstanding Local Organization in the Visayas as it garnered nine (9) Quadro Awards with one (1) Merit Award during the Quadro Awards Night during the 34th JCI Philippines Visayas Area Conference held at the L’Fisher Hotel in Bacolod City.
The JCI Local Organization, led by 2014 President Ryan Expeditus Andales, also finished fourth over-all (4th) among all the JCI Visayas local organizations in the Change Makers Awards, which was formerly known as the JCIPEA Points Awards.
Recently-appointed 2014 Regional Vice President for Central Visayas and 2007 JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel President Angelo Daniel Parcon could not help but beam with pride as he handed off the awards to the local organization that has been awarded as Most Outstanding Local Organization in the Visayas six (6) times during its nine (9) years of existence.
Outstanding Member and Read to Lead reap accolades
2014 Vice President for Administration Idyll Liza Peroramas was also adjudged as the Most Outstanding Member in the Visayas while JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel’s flagship project, the Read to Lead Program garnered two Quadro Awards – Best Education for Peace Award and Best Local UN MDG Project. The Local Organization website www.jcicebumactanchannel.org, which underwent an overhaul this year through the efforts of new members Charlston Lenard Lim and Kristine Roa, was also awarded as Best JCI Local Organization Web Site.
The Read to Lead fundraising activity “Culturati: Cebuano Art and Artists for Read to Lead” was awarded the Merit award for Best CulturalAffairs Program. Its contribution to the local organization’s fundraising program “E2E Fund Raising: Consistency, Impact, Relevance” was a factor in its winning as the Best Fund Raising Program across the JCI Visayas Area.
The efforts that two (2) Past Presidents in 2010 President Marlon Ariel Polinar and 2013 President Jay Carl Del Rosario made as prime movers in the Bogo JCI Medical Mission paid off as it was recognized as the Best Public Health Program. JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel’s scholarship program named “CHAnging the future of the NExt generation of Leaders (CHANNEL) Scholarship Program” was awarded as the Best Local Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program.
Leading credence to its goal of bringing forth the various JCI activities into the internet super-highway, the local organization’s news reporting team, the “JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel News Network (CMCNN)” was given the distinction of “Best Public Relations Program”.
2015 Visayas Area Conference Official Launch
It was quite a busy VisArCon for the local organization as it hosted a welcome luncheon for all registered delegates as part of its launching for the bid to host the 35th Visayas Area Conference in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu in September 2015. Bearing the tagline “Get to know the island and the hero”, the chapter aims to integrate the recent tourism re-branding that the city of Lapu-Lapu underwent in its aim to be known as the “City of Resorts”.
New member Charlston Lenard Lim also finished 4th among eight (8) contestants in the Public Speaking Competitions. This year’s contest focused on the topic: “To change the Future Today, Active Citizens must lead with their actions and not their words.”
To cap off the success of JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel’s involvement in the 34th Visayas Area Conference, 2013 Regional Vice President for Central Visayas and 2009 Local Organization President Emi Rose Parcon was elected to be the official representative of Area 4 to the JCI Philippines Nominations Committee for 2015.
The complete list of awards JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel garnered in the 2014 VisArCon:
1. We Are C.H.A.N.G.E (Catalysts Harnessed as Active citizens for our Nation’s Growth thru Empowerment – Most Outstanding JCI Local Organization Award (Cat 3)
2. What Makes a Hero: JCI Mem. Idyll Liza Peroramas – Most Outstanding Member
3. JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel News Network (CMCNN) – Best Public Relations Program
4. Bogo JCI Medical Mission – Best Public Health Program
5. CHAnging the future of the NExt generation of Leaders (CHANNEL) Scholarship Program- Best Local Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program
6. READ to LEAD – Shaping the FUTURE Today- Education For Peace Award
7. Bridging Digital Gaps and Building Teams – Best JCI Local Organization Web Site
8. E2E Fund Raising: Consistency, Impact, Relevance – Best Fund Raising Program
9. Read to Lead – Reducing Obstacles to Achieving Universal Primary Education – Best Local UN MDG Project
10. MERIT > Culturati: Cebuano Art and Artists for Read to Lead – Best Cultural Affairs Program
11. 4th in the Area for the Changemakers Awards